In your loving memory……

“If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life”-Martin Heidegger 

We can never be sorted with our close ones dying. It hits us hard. It hits us so hard that we rethink our whole life and how we are living it. 

When my nanamma passed away on the morning of the first of September  five years back, it pushed me into a very dark hole. I thought I could never be normal again. After lots and lots of venting out, journaling and talking to family, I picked myself up but my gut still aches when I think of the last time I saw her, touched her, hugged her and talked to her. There was a last time to everything without me even realising it back then. That has been very hard to process. 

Over the years, one thing remained constant-people’s fondness for her. I feel proud that I’ve witnessed the person she was closely for the three quarters of my life.
 
Mourning the death of someone is a lonely process. Some days are harder than others. But one day, it’ll start feeling a little less hard. That day you’ll just have to remember how the dead have led their lives, imbibe the good and try being a better human. That’s our ode to them, honouring their memory.

In loving memory of my nanamma,
Spurthy 

Comments

  1. Nice pinni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death is inevitable. Let's not ignore the fact that it's beyond human control. But we can defeat it by making our present life loving and meaningful. Be positive and remember that our life is a precious gift of ALMIGHTY GOD.LET US VALUE IT LEAD A WONDERFUL LIFE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Khan sir. Your wise words hold immense value to all of us. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts