Brown Love🤎


In the timeless words of Immanuel Kant, "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." In line with this belief, my own journey with animals shaped my understanding of love and compassion.

No one ever wanted a dog in my family. But the day I saw Little soldiers as a child I always wanted a big dog that I can squish with tight hugs. On my 21st birthday we brought Dan home. That’s MY Dan. My Dan taught me what love is. Love is not just the initial high because we are fond of someone. It’s lots of happy sacrifices and immense responsibility. Dan taught me the joy of putting someone else before my comforts. 

My dad and I literally fought for Dan’s life. Now, when I look back, this is what existential philosophy is all about. We chose Dan and the fight was for him to be part of our lives. My little boy is now six and is the happiest, healthiest and naughtiest dog on this planet ever. If we would have given up on him when we initially brought him home we would have never witnessed him grow to eventually become intrinsic part of all our lives. 

We need to give love some time. Love is not the adrenaline rush in the initial few days but the battle that we fight in the time that follows that. That’s what my Dan taught me-the happiest part of my life.


Love leads,
Spurthy 



Comments

  1. ASHWIN VASTALYA3/26/24, 2:25 AM

    😻😻

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAN😘🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah… Animals suffer far worse than Jesus on cross… As a writer says the suffering animals- tail-cut puppet, the injected and muted mulching and plough-pulling and cart -drawn horses and beasts of burden, donkeys, buffoned monkey s, predictive powerhouses, parrots, circus wild and mild dumb creatures and “ vilest of creatures, serpents get stunned at our cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So our love does count muuuuch

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts