Himalayas-The God’s Abode


If there’s God, I believe, he resides in the Himalayas. They’re the heaven on the earth-the lush greenery around, the crystal clear rivers, the divine chants, simple people, fresh cool air....the list goes on. Anyone who has been to  the Himalayas cannot disagree. Travelling teaches us a lot. But travelling in mountains teaches us a little bit more. Over the years, Himalayas have been my spiritual guide. The people I met there, the experiences I’ve had in the mountains taught me so much.

First, very little goes as per the plan in the mountains. We’ll always have to be ready to accept change almost instantly. That’s how nature is. Therefore, the travel in the mountains requires immense patience, strength both mental and physical, resilience, perseverance and most importantly love. 

Secondly, we can’t take things for granted in the mountains. A single mistake can cost us our life. We need to be accountable for ourselves for every step we take. For instance, when I was travelling in Jibhi recently I witnessed an incident of a youngster who has come to Jibhi on a bike tour. Apparently, his bike brakes failed and he fell into the valley. This costed him his life. But the sad part is that most of the times we do not have a second chance to correct our mistakes. So, we need to be extremely careful.

Third, mountains teach us simplicity. We don’t need much in life to stay happy. People in the mountains live like that. They are very happy even without the so called luxuries of the modern life. A job that earns us money to sustain, love and family is all that we need, isn’t it? This realisation is liberation. 

Mountains give us a lot. At the same time, they also take a lot from us. They drain us both physically and emotionally but also give us memories and learnings for a lifetime. I’ve always felt the healing touch of the Himalayan air, the pure water of the Himalayan springs just how our heart should be and the call for the spiritual awakening of the soul. My love for the Himalayan mountains is much more than what I could ever express. A piece of my heart resides in those beautiful mountains and I don’t mind having lost it.


Jai Bholenath,

Spurthy 

Comments

Popular Posts