Fondest Memories-Ft. Music

The one strangest aspect of my life has been the fact that I remember minutest details of things that happened since the time I was around one year old. It is crazy that I remember these things but now when I look back, it is these memories that I have preserved in my 
sub- consciousness that shaped my personality in ways that I could never imagine.

I want to write something light today and so these are some warm & fun memories associated with music in my life. As a child, I was made to dance to lighten up mornings and boring gatherings. Actually a small correction, I was always ready to dance😛

There were four songs that I remember very vividly dancing to as a child. All thanks to my bachelor mama that I got to dance to many cool songs!
The first one is MADE IN INDIA. I think this is the song of each and every 90's born kid. I used to go mad whenever the song used to play. In a small way this song set the rhythm in my body. 





SRK and I go a long way back.\^^/ Our bond started with CHAIYA CHAIYA. What a song it was! It released around the time I was born. I’m still super fond of this song and SRK. This song was literally my childhood. I just love it too much. How beautiful are the lyrics below!

Woh yaar hai jo khushbu ki tarah

Jiski zubaan urdu ki tarah

Meri shaamo raat meri kaayanaat

Woh yaar mera saiyya saiyya




The OG song on my playlist since I was a child was RAA CHILAKA NUVVE KAAVALI from the movie Nuvve Kaavali. Our firsts are always special. This was the first ever movie that I watched. So this evokes a pure emotion in me every time I listen to it.



Do you remember SHAKALAKA BABY from Bombay Dreams? That’s the next song I remember dancing to. It was so catchy to my ears. This was my wake up call as a kid.




Now that I’ve told you about memories that are about two decades old I will now move on to the most recent ones. 

Me going to Delhi has brought me much closer to music. Jio boom didn’t happen during my initial months in Delhi. Those were the days we needed to live on 1 Gb per month. How did I even survive that lol! The only thing I could do without worrying about spending my data was to listen to music. Another alternative where I need not even worry about the battery percentage 0n my phone was to attend the concerts in DU fests. The fests in DU brought the best in the business to entertain its students. 

It was my first year in college. Tarang has just ended but the hangover remained. Then came my bro who had three special VIP passes for SRCC’s Crossroads. I still get chills that we managed to get them. That night it was Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy‘s show. We thoroughly enjoyed the night and we quickly needed to move in the middle of the concert to reach hostel just before the curfew time. Just then it started, UFF TERI ADAA…..Oh my god! That was the first time I listened to that song.But what is more special is my memory of a group of friends who went gaga when this song started. Aakash Mehta was the then president of the student’s union. One can imagine what it would have taken, for him and his team to put up the show. So when this song started, just when we were exiting I noticed Aakash being dragged to dance. It was a pure moment of sheer absolute joy shared among a bunch of friends amidst the chaotic schedule. My memory of Uff Teri Adaa will always be associated with their childlike happy faces.




If you are a student of LSR, you can definitely fathom the craze of the performances of Western Dance Societies. We need to literally stand in queue for over 2 hours to get entry into the auditorium. We failed the first two years to get an entry. In the third year we barely managed to enter. The one song which stole my heart was MERE GULLY MEIN. And Gully Boy has not released yet. So it was the original song of Divine. I wanted to whistle when I saw that performance. The beats were so fresh and authentic. So for me mere gully mein is not Ranveer Singh but a group of DU students who performed to that song with all their heart. 


The final memory that I’m gonna share is surreal for me. I listened to a song once and I could only remember the tune of it. I tried searching for the song but obviously couldn’t find it. On the final day of my last Tarang as a student of LSR I listened to that song play. I was elated but couldn’t remember the lyrics yet again. I was literally praying to god to play that song for me for one last time so that I can finally memorise the lyrics and search for the song later. My friends got irritated because I was restless the whole evening to find out that song. Just then the band Antariksh that came to perform that night began with that song. It was madddddd. It was magical. I was never happier. I still have the recording of them performing that night♥️It was beautiful. I will not tell you the name of the song. Listen to it. I waited for months to figure out what song this was, so you better wait a few seconds for this video to play.
Watch it!!!!!!!!!!!




Bring in the magic
Spurthy 

Comments

  1. Awesome these selections. It captures the authentic an evolving You

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts