Krishnaness

 


Love is the essence of universe. It guides us. It always had and it always will. Seeking love is life’s very own purpose. I don’t just mean romantic love. I’m talking about love in the widest sense possible. Yet it has become a gigantic task for everyone to seek it. 

What do I try to do? I turn to Krishna. He’s the true embodiment of love. 
 
As a child and also in various movies I’ve seen instances where a guy with multiple love interests is equated with Krishna. Many years later I realised how wrong this is.
To be honest I’ve always been in awe of Krishna. 
It all started with “Krishna - The Animated Series” that 
used to be telecasted on Cartoon Network. Then it was “Chota Bheem aur Krishna “. I absolutely enjoyed watching them. So when my father asked me if I wanted to join classes to learn The Mahabharata I happily obliged as a child. With these classes my journey of understanding what Krishna truly represents has started.
I felt afraid for long to tell people that I adore Krishna. Once, when I did an old man mocked me by saying how young girls romanticise Krishna. I felt that I needed to learn more about Krishna before I tell the world that I adore him. I tried various sources but nothing worked. Then I’ve come across the book “Mahabharata” by C.Rajagopalachari. As I started reading it I felt like I needed to know the story of Krishna before Mahabharata has happened. Radha Krishna series on Hotstar came to my rescue. I’m still in the process of discovering “Krishnaness”. 

In the little that I’ve known him what I absolutely cherish is his respect for women around him. So when someone tells you not to be like Krishna, don’t listen to them. Don’t even try explaining. People can only understand about Krishna when they surrender before him with lots of love. In fact I’d tell people to be like Krishna. Respect women like how he does, keep your promises like how he does, stand for truth always like him, be childlike, be there for people who love you and most importantly love like how he does. Love like how he loves eternally. 


Happy Janmashtami 
Spurthy

Comments

Popular Posts