Mom - Superheroine


Domestic chores. I thought it’s a great stress buster until about two months back. Then I realised that they are indeed a stress buster if I do them now and then but the story is completely different when it had to be done on a daily basis.
          My mom tested Covid positive and we were not ready for what was coming. My father has just recovered and so the whole responsibility of the house landed upon me and my sister. It’s a great realisation for me to understand the fact that it is essential to eat what might get spoiled and not always what I wanted. The first day when I opened the fridge there were so many vegetables that I hated eating. However I had to cook them because else they might get spoiled. These are hard lessons that life offers us now and then😅
          
           So our schedule used to begin by around 5 to 5:30 am. We used to divide the household activities. When my sister cooked I had to clean and when I cooked she had to do the cleaning activity. None of them were easier. The whole house had to be cleaned and sanitised daily. When I mean the whole house I mean inside the house and also outside because Dan creates a mess as he roams mostly outside. Oh God then there is the activity of washing clothes. We used to be dead by 9 o’clock. We couldn’t even rest properly because every 1 to 11/2 hours we needed to give our mother drinks. So after breakfast is done, preparations for lunch had to begin. We used to get a two hour break around 2 o’clock in the afternoon. By 4 we needed to start the work again in terms of fruit juices, dinner, cleaning and sanitising. It was mad work. I wanted to cry thinking how my mom must have been doing all this work by herself. We used to help her but obviously the major chunk of cooking, cleaning utensils and washing clothes were done by her with help from my father. She is a superhero. Every mom is a superhero. Or why can’t I just call her a super-heroine😎
            This continued for five days and on the sixth day both my sister and I have tested positive. We were in a terrible state initially and so my mom who has recovered a bit had to come out of the room and take over the house. And for the next 15 days she did the whole work that my sister, my father and I used to do all by herself. My father used to be of a great help but again the main activities had to be done by mom. I still can’t fathom the fact that this woman gathered up the strength so that we could rest properly. How do mothers even do it? How can they just do it effortlessly?
It is the immense love that they store in their heart for their family. This love is above every other form of love. Mothers are God without any doubt.
Love 
Spurthy

Comments

Popular Posts