Cinema- My First Love.

My romance with movies started in the company of my Thatha and Mama. My mom‘s side of the family is very fond of watching movies. As I grew up with my grandparents, I’ve imbibed the family tradition. As a child, it was just a mere amusement about how people randomly came, danced, fought and disappeared. Over the years my notion of cinema has drastically changed. Cinema has now become my safe space. It has become my escapism. It’s like, because we don’t get everything in life, movies provide the missing pieces. At least for me. 
I’ve learnt so much from movies than from anyone else.

I will tell you how my relationship with movies work. Nuvve Kavali taught me about the peace that comes with true friendship. It is still one of my favourite movies. When I watched Little soldiers, Rajendrudu Gajendrudu I longed to have the company of an animal. This has become the base for my desire to have a pet and hence Dan has come into my life.

Another movie that had a great impact on me as a child was Okkadu. When I watched it I probably would not have figured what kind of influence it had on me but now I do. Ajay will always have a piece of my heart for the person that he is. 


A lot of what I like and dislike are discovered while watching movies. They have given me my passionate hobby of photography and editing. For that I am forever grateful.

Movies of Imtiaz Ali are literally my guiding force. They pushed me and still push me to think different and have the guts to question the conventional path in life. In a small way, they reinforced my faith in God. How many of us have not felt the divine presence while listening to Kun Faya Kun? All of us have right! Shows like 13 Reasons Why have dissected the intersectionality of life in my head. It is one of the most intense shows I’ve ever watched. Oh man, the lessons that it has taught me are unparalleled. 

In a nutshell, cinema has taught me the intricacies of life, made me less judgmental and more empathetic, stirred up a zillion emotions in my soul, made me fierce and helped me fill up my missing parts in life in little ways. 


Love,
Spurthy 

Comments

Popular Posts