Hello Tomboy!

Always in my comfy loose t-shirts, oiled & short hair and a never ending zest to do and be better 🥳

Why are you laughing loud? Why are you sitting like that? Why are you arguing?Girls don’t do that. Why do you wear loose T-shirts? Why don’t you put on jewellery? Why is your hair too short? Why do you ask so many questions? Have you seen any girl climbing walls, trees and jumping from terraces? Why do you shop your night dresses from the men’s section?

Oh my God!!!!!!!!

What do I say now!


These things used to bother me when I was young. To be honest they still do but the intensity is not as much. I’ve always done things that I love. If I found something that does not go with my personality I wouldn’t do it. 


My father has been a very strong influence in the way I think and do things. Though both of us are completely different in the way we behave and in the way we express, the inner core remains the same. When I was eight years old my father took me to the District Magistrate Office where he showed me the picture of the then collector, Mrs. Jayalakshmi and explained me how the greatest of all humans have always been simple and honest. 

At that age it had a great impact on me. I wanted to be like that. So that’s the beginning. 


My father never made me feel that I could not do something. I could carry heavy weights at a very young age when most of my cousins couldn’t. I had the freedom to express myself. I had the freedom to speak when I disliked something. 


My cousins used to tease me by saying things like, “Oh, are you a tomboy?”  which used to break my heart. But I never did things just to please others. My conscience would never have allowed that. 


What does it take to be feminine enough? I’ve never understood this and I still don’t. For example take any animal you want, do you see any difference between males and females other than the obvious of course?

No right! 

So, where do these typecasts arise? If you are any different from being conventional, you are labelled as a tomboy and your sexuality is questioned. 

Why should it be this way? 


The attributes of masculinity and femininity exist in all of us irrespective of our gender. This does not have anything to do with our sexuality. 

You know labelling humans is not easy because each one of us is different. Each of us is unique. So why do we still bother to define people? Stop doing it because we can’t.


You know how we can make things easier? Just let others be. There is no need to bracket them into definitions. Things don’t work like that. Live and let live. And of course there are important things that require our attention rather than merely judging others.😇


Spurthy  

Comments

Popular Posts