Add sassiness to life😎


I don’t exactly remember where I heard this but I think it’s probably me listening to an interview of Masaba Gupta where she told,”Being confident is like brushing your teeth. It needs to be done on a daily basis.” How beautiful is this interpretation. I love watching variety of interviews, listening to some amazing podcasts and watching tonnes of movies. 

During my college years I’ve had the privilege to listen to some amazing people speaking. There was this panel discussion during our annual college fest on “Gender and Cinema” where Ratna Pathak Shah was invited as one of the members. What a woman! I think I shed a few tears slyly while listening to her. That’s what beautiful conversations do to you. I have learnt so much that day. There are very few people in our lives that we come across where we feel that we want to be like them. Yes, I wanted to be like her. She was just fabulous, very confident and fearless to express what she felt. I can never forget that experience.

Moving on, when demonetisation happened, it was just crazy. Everything changed overnight. I was in my second year of college, lost my ATM card, didn’t have much cash in hand. JUST IMAGINE. It was mad. So technically I had money but I didn’t have money. So to give you guys a background, momos and iced tea were my daily essentials back then. Such first world problems right! Guys I was staying in hostel!!!! Okay FINE, they are trivial but it was also my exams time and I was stress eating. Around that time, Meghnad Desai came to our college. I literally dragged myself into the auditorium because I didn’t want to have FOMO. That talk inspired me a lot. He spoke about his opinions on demonetisation. The way he spoke, his clarity of thought was lovely to watch.

Next comes the entertainment world. I had to begin by saying that Kapil Sharma show is just A-mazing. If you don’t watch it start watching it now. This has helped me to not take myself seriously. This is so important in life and also an integral part of being confident. I realise it more than ever now. To be confident it’s very important to be comfortable in your skin. We need to be confident with respect to our thoughts and beliefs and at the same time have the eagerness to learn more. I also strongly believe that once when you truly realise what your purpose is, then confidence would become your second name. This can only happen when we turn inside. When we understand our insecurities, fears and then work upon them, then it’s just the beginning of you becoming a rockstar. I literally have goosebumps whenever I listen to the podcasts of Ranveer Allahabadia. For every two minutes I am like,"Oh my God, this is how I feel and think.” So let us take a second and just acknowledge how brilliant he is.

Apart from all these wonderful, amazing, lovely people, for me the OG of being confident is Sushant Divgikr. I truly admire him yaar. He is the perfect example of how the struggles in life can be used to just churn up your personality. He’s just such a badass for the lack of a better word. There is so much to learn from him. I just can’t explain. I think you need to watch his interviews to know more. His story is fabulously inspiring. 

So I am ending my blog here with a small snippet from one of his interviews. Isn’t he just sassy AF?

We cannot and should not take some things seriously. I strongly believe that being healthily sassy comes with doing lots of inner engineering which in turn give confidence.




Be confident, 

Spurthy 

Comments

Popular Posts