Jabra Fan

 You just can’t explain some connections in life. They feel so sacred which makes you extra protective about them.

Ah! How much I relate with this! Since childhood I used to like many actors but I was never a FAN of anyone. The concept of fandom hit me quite late. But it hit me hard. 

I am a diehard fan of SRK. I immensely love him not just for the movies he does but also for the journey he had and how he handled it. It truly inspires me to do better. His wit, sense of humour, love towards others and for himself..........he is fabulous.

When I was in first year of college in Delhi one morning I got to know that SRK was coming to Hansraj to promote his movie Fan. The next second I knew I was going there. Three of my friends and I rushed to North campus with the hope of catching a glimpse of him. There were police, barricades and a huge crowd. My friends told that we should leave. I was very adamant. I HAVE TO SEE SRK.

There was a huge crowd at the front gate of college. We were standing just behind the barricades. Then suddenly there was a strong push which caused the barricades to fall down and the crowd rushed into the college. The police couldn’t control the situation.

After entering the college the union made all the girls to stand in front to ensure their safety from the stampede. The next one minute was blurry. Later I realized that while we were standing, the gates were opened to let us in to the ground. The one thing that no one realized was there was a downward slope at the entrance. So as soon as the door opened, due to the push from behind the people who were standing front fell down over whom the rest of the crowd jumped into the ground. I was one of the many who fell down. I thought that was the last day of my life. It was crazy. People were running over us. My friends and I lost contact. All four of us were at different places. We were not even able to contact each other because of the jammers that were installed.

I waited, waited and waited. Six hours just went by. I reunited with one of my friends but neither of us had water. I realized that I was close to dehydrating myself. But still I wanted to stay and have a glimpse of SRK. Then he came. That day he released “The Fan Anthem”. The crowd went crazy and so did I. I saw my superstar. I was elated. That feeling can’t be described. I consider myself very lucky to have experienced that mad love. That doesn’t happen often.


A Diehard Fan,

Spurthy

Comments

Popular Posts