दिल्ली

 

My equation with Delhi is that of love and hate relationship. As a child when I visited Delhi, I was in awe but there were equally not so good experiences that we had to face. From having weird encounters, losing our tickets and almost missing a flight we’ve seen it all. So years later when we were deciding on my admission into college I secretly wished that it wasn’t Delhi. But fate has it, I’ve got into LSR. But fate also had it that Delhi became my second home.

Delhi gave me a lot over the years. It gave me friends that became family, it helped me regain my lost self, gave me the strength to question the norms, set my soul free and gave me chances to discover myself.

A simple walk to the back market to eat momos and just roam around in the Saturday market used to recharge me. Hauz Khas was the go to place to break down the monotony that used to engulf our lives. Chandni Chowk used to feel like home. It is one of the few places in Delhi that I’d love to go now and then. And of course the love of my life-cinema- Satyam theatre in Nehru Place, PVR 3C’s in Lajpat, PVR Logix in Noida have given me enough memories to cherish. I associate my memories to places in Delhi and food forms a major portion of that. Momos and bread omelette from back market bhaiya, marinated momos from Hunger Strike, Burger and fries from Burger King in Epicuria, Italian food in Select City Walk, a good afternoon meal in Andhra Bhavan, anything from food court of PVR Logix, iced tea from Nescafe and vada pav from south Indian auntie in LSR, Cafe & Co, construction & Co, Wood box Cafe in Santiniketan, deserts in Diggin, hot Moolchand Paratha in cold Delhi winters , the list goes on and on. 

What is even more special is that my friends are a big part of the memories that I have made. Nothing would have been possible without them. I miss Besharam’s paagalpanti, Ayu’s rants about literally everything, Golu’s weird questions and finally the warm hugs of Aafreen. For me Delhi is not what it is without them. I love them and Delhi to bits.
From hating Delhi to absolutely loving it, Delhi is now home. I miss Delhi ka sardi, the time I have spent there, my friends,my college,my hostel a little extra on some days. 
Dua karungi ki hamari mulaqat bahut jaldi ho jaaye.


♥️li ,
Spurthy 

Comments

Popular Posts